Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Right Touch: A Read-Aloud Story to Help Prevent Child Sexual Abuse (Jody Bergsma Collection) Review


I absolutly loved this book!!! As with other readers, I also felt that it was a bit "much" for my 5yr old. I mean, it does say stuff like "a man putting his hands down a little girls panties..." However, even though it is a bit much, I believe that I would rather teach my daughter about these things now rather than end up with her being abused later because she didnt know what was going on. Just telling her to respect her body isnt enough. She needs to know what kinds of things to look out for and needs to be able to recognise that something bad is happening. I found this book to be tasteful and my daughter was attentive to it. I especailly like that this book points out that Mommies and Daddies should be respectful of her body too. So often you see on the news that children have been abused by their own parents. It's terrible. I loved that this book noted that EVERYONE shoudl respect her body and that only SHE has the right to share it. WAY TO GO!!!!!

Buy it here now!

0 comments: