Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Courage to Heal Workbook: A Guide for Women and Men Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse Review


On the recommendation of my counselor I bought this workbook. I just recieved it and quickly read through it. My first impression is it is very touchy feely and has a lot of "How do you feel" kind of stuff over and over. I guess that is how a person can get in touch with what is bothering them, but it sorta turned me off to it. I'm still going to give it a try and see what will come of using it.

I did like the section on anger and forgiveness as this had some very helpful information. All I know is this whole healing process is confusing and a lot of hard work.

On the topic of forgiveness... I found the book "Forgive and Forget" very informative too. It also talks about what forgiveness really is all about. The Courage Workbook has a small section on this topic too that I found helpful.

What works for one person may not work for another, but you won't know if it will work for you unless you try it.




Buy it here now!

0 comments: