Monday, July 13, 2009

The Courage to Heal 4e: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse 20th Anniversary Edition Review


I read 'The courage to heal' about 15 years ago and at that time it was the only book that I found really helpful for healing from sexual abuse and incest. It was like meeting someone who understood what I had experienced and it was full of helpful ways to cope. The biggest benefit for me was reading other peoples stories and knowing I wasn't alone, I wasn't a freak, these things happened to other people too ..... and they survived. The courage to heal gave me great hope and I dipped into it again and again, when I was feeling wobbly or needed to clarify something. I also reccommended it to some of my friends.

Now 15 years on, I have come out the other side of my healing and I just bought the updated edition of 'The courage to heal'. It has helped me to see not only how far I've come, but how much more information about incest, abuse and its effects is available and how much more the subject is spoken about.

I'd like to thank Ellen Bass and Laura Davis for their courage in writing such a book and all of the women who shared their experiences.I think it's a great credit to them that their book is still so popular 20 years on.
Adrienne.

Buy it here now!

0 comments: